This listing is for a PDF pattern download only, there is no physical copy. The finished cowl or yarn are not included in this listing.
1 skein Upstate from The Sheepyshire (80% Corriedale 20% Alpaca DK weight, 260 yards/237 meters, 100 grams) in the colorway Hush. About 208 yards/80 grams were used for the sample.
Other DK or Worsted weight yarn would work such as Knit Picks Wool of the Andes or Patons Classic Wool DK Superwash though the zig-zag cables will look slightly different since these yarns are made with 4 plies and Upstate is made with 2.
Suggested Needles -
US 4 (3.5 mm) 24” circular
US 6 (4 mm) 24” circular
Use the larger needle that gives you the gauge below and a needle two sizes smaller for the garter stitch border.
20.7 sts and 36.8 rounds = 4” in pattern blocked
Gauge is not critical but can affect the finished size of the cowl and yarn usage.
23” x 7.5” blocked
1 Stitch Marker
Cable needle (optional - I prefer to work smaller cables without a cable needle)
The last photo shows the stitch pattern in different yarns. The yellow is The Sheepyshire Blissk MCN DK in the color Walking On Sunshine, the full sized purple cowl is The Sheepyshire Upstate DK in the color Hush, and the dark green is Knit Picks Wool of The Andes Tweed in the color Sequoia Heather.
I never could have imagined that my first pregnancy would end up right in the beginning of a global pandemic. It was a stressful and isolating time where I turned to my knitting for comfort. I wanted something relatively simple but fun and easy to memorize that would only need one skein of the new DK Corriedale/Alpaca yarn I was having custom spun from a mill in upstate New York. The Sweet Dreams cowl was designed and knit with my newborn baby boy on my lap. His sweet little face is a daily reminder that even when things seem bleak to find joy in each day and keep looking forward. The zig zags and bobble stitches on this cowl bring to mind that even with all the twists and bumps in the road something beautiful can emerge.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tara Airel, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.
1-3 business days for in stock orders
2-3 weeks for dyed to order
If you want your yarn wound into a center pull ball just let me know in the note to seller box.
Even though superwash wool can go into the washing machine without felting, I recommenced hand washing and laying flat to dry to preserve the life of your finished object. Washers and especially dryers can be very hard on clothes! Use a gentle wool wash and cool water since hot water can cause acid dyes to bleed. Any of my yarns with Mohair, Yak, Cashmere or non-superwash wool should definitely be hand washed since they are not superwash and may felt.
After dyeing the yarn I soak all skeins in cold water with a bit of Dharma's Professional Textile Detergent then rinse with cold water to wash out loose dye. However, some dye may still bleed when washed, but should not effect the color of the yarn/fiber.
The detergent I use to rinse dyed yarn is unscented. I have to use vinegar to set the colors when dyeing my Pixie Sock base so there may be a very slight scent which will fade with time and washing. All other yarns use citric acid which is unscented. I very rarely use room spray, perfume, or burn candles in my home and never in the room where my yarn is stored. Please be aware if you have allergies I do have a cat and two dogs in my home.