Hand dyed superwash Merino, cashmere, and nylon DK weight yarn. This yarn is orange and blue which has been over dyed with burgundy. There are some spots of green, light orange, teal and dark blue. Each of these wildflower skeins is a bit different than the others in this dye lot in terms of how much of each color they contain, so it is extra important if using more than 1 skein for a project to alternate skeins. This listing is for 1 skein of Bliss MCN DK.
This yarn is a wildflower colorway which means it is not repeatable. Each wildflower batch is unique and all the skeins available are listed and I won't be dyeing more. Once they are gone they are gone!
Colorway - Wildflower 2140
Bliss MCN DK
100 grams/3.5 oz
80% Superwash Merino/10% Cashmere/10% Nylon
Bliss MCN is wonderfully soft and squishy 4-ply yarn with a slight cashmere halo. The 10% cashmere content makes the yarn softer and more luxurious than superwash Merino alone and is a joy to work with. Wash by hand in cold water and lay flat to dry to preserve the life of your garment.
Every skein of yarn is unique, even if from the same dye lot. I believe this is part of the beauty of hand dyed yarn which adds character and depth to your finished project. If using more than one skein for a project I highly recommend alternating skeins as you work. Stripes of two or more yarns can be done at regular or random intervals to blend skeins.
Although I try my best to accurately display colors, all computer monitors do not show colors the same. I use professional acid dyes and soak each dyed item in cold water to rinse out any loose dye that may remain. However, some dye may still bleed when washed, but should not effect the color of the fiber.
All items made in a non-smoking, cat and dog friendly home.
I'm happy to wind the skein into a center pull ball for you free of charge, just let me know in the notes to seller box.
3-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tara Airel, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.
1-3 business days for in stock orders
2-3 weeks for dyed to order
If you want your yarn wound into a center pull ball just let me know in the note to seller box.
Even though superwash wool can go into the washing machine without felting, I recommenced hand washing and laying flat to dry to preserve the life of your finished object. Washers and especially dryers can be very hard on clothes! Use a gentle wool wash and cool water since hot water can cause acid dyes to bleed. Any of my yarns with Mohair, Yak, Cashmere or non-superwash wool should definitely be hand washed since they are not superwash and may felt.
After dyeing the yarn I soak all skeins in cold water with a bit of Dharma's Professional Textile Detergent then rinse with cold water to wash out loose dye. However, some dye may still bleed when washed, but should not effect the color of the yarn/fiber.
The detergent I use to rinse dyed yarn is unscented. I have to use vinegar to set the colors when dyeing my Pixie Sock base so there may be a very slight scent which will fade with time and washing. All other yarns use citric acid which is unscented. I very rarely use room spray, perfume, or burn candles in my home and never in the room where my yarn is stored. Please be aware if you have allergies I do have a cat and two dogs in my home.
Nov 5, 2021
Sep 26, 2021
I have no idea why I bought this enchantingly beautiful skein of Wildflower 2140. Maybe because I just liked it so much. Well, it found a mate in my "left over" basket just as soon as it was unwrapped. That leftover, that didn't quite go with what I had in mind at the time, is I Scream for Aubergine, and pairs incredibly well with Wildflower 2140. Who'd have guessed! Btw, if you've never bought from Sheepyshire before, you'll love the feeling of Christmas or your birthday when the package arrives, because each skein (or skeins if they pair well) is so carefully wrapped in brown paper and tied up with pink and white candy cane striped string. It kinda makes your heart go pitty pat a little faster in anticipation of opening each gift.